1.15.2012

SOCS: Winter



#SOCsunday

Today’s Writing Prompt: How does winter make you feel and what do you do with those feelings?

I am not a fan of winter. I used to like it more, but in the past few years I've disliked it more and more. I don't like having to put on layers and layers of clothes before leaving the house. I have to wear a hat or the cold air gives me a headache. Waiting for the car to warm up is the worst. If I didn't start it before I had to leave then I'm miserable for the beginning of the ride, and probably shivering the whole way. Once I get cold I can't warm up. I will still be shivering for hours after I've come in from outside. 

I try not to let winter affect me, but it does make me much less likely to get out and do things. I just want to stay curled up in the house with a blanket all the time.


The one thing I love about winter is the snow. I love days when it's snowing constantly. Too bad I live in Tennessee and we don't get days like that very often.

This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes
  • Write and intro to the post if you want, but don't edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post at all things fadra.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
Follow Me on Pinterest
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Your version of winter reminds me of how it was when I lived in Cleveland. The hats and long johns and bitter cold. I guess I'd have different feelings about winter if that was still my winter!

    ReplyDelete