1.30.2012

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent


I've made laundry detergent and fabric softener, so I decided it was time to make dishwasher detergent. 

It's something else that's really easy to make. Only 3 ingredients!

2 cups borax, 2 cups baking soda, 4 packets unsweetened lemon kool-aid

Mix it all together well. Use 2 tbsp. per load.
I put 1 tbsp. in the closed section of the dishwasher and the other 1 tbsp. spread on the door.



My dishwasher detergent has 25% less sugar! lol.
My endless collection of empty containers has really come in handy lately.

I only made a half batch, because I wasn't sure how I'd like it, but it turned out really well, and I'll definitely make a regular sized batch next time. 
Nearly everything in the dishwasher came out completely clean. A couple of things still had some stuck on food, but that happens even with the expensive store bought detergent. I'm pretty sure my dishwasher just sucks. All the clean dishes were great though.
I also put vinegar in the rinse aid compartment, and I think that's what's worked better than anything. Vinegar seems to work better than any rinse aids I've ever bought.



I used the recipe I found from this pin:
Source: Light & Spoon via Victoria on Pinterest
I'm also interested in the DIY Dishwasher Soap Packets that Stephanie from Lady with the Red Rocker made:
Source: Lady with the Red Rocker via Victoria on Pinterest



Follow Me on Pinterest
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment