1.10.2012

Memory Book Questions (Free Printable!)


Since I started the blog I realize I haven't told you a whole lot about me. I'm planning on a dedicated post about that sometime in the near future, but for now I'll tell you about someone very important to me. I have a 6 year old brother named Garrett. I'm almost 23, so if you do that math there are nearly 17 years between us! It's fun having such a huge age gap, because we get to form such a unique bond. I help out at his school multiple times a week, and pick him up and watch him every afternoon until my mom gets off work. 

I love that I can do all the fun "kid stuff" I pin on Pinterest without having any kids of my own. 


An idea I've seen before, but can't find it pinned on any of my boards is to ask your children questions every year and make a memory book of sorts out of it. I love this idea. I have a paper from the 4th grade where I wrote what some of my favorites at the time were, and I love looking back on it. It would be great to have it for every year of my childhood.

So I decided to make a printable sheet of basic questions to ask Garrett. His birthday was a month ago, and I'd wanted to do it by then, but it completely slipped my mind. It's better late than never, though, so I got to thinking up some good questions and typed something up on Picnik. 

I printed it out and sat down with Garrett to get some answers. I had him write everything (with my help with spelling), because I think it will be fun to see how his handwriting changes every year. 


His name is in the left circle, and his age is in the star in the center. I also wrote the date we actually did it underneath the star.


His Answers:
What do you want to be when you grow up? Mechanic
Favorite Color? White
Favorite Animal? lion
Favorite TV Show? Johnny Test
Favorite Movie?  Spiderman
Favorite Game?  Lego Batman
Favorite Book?  Wayside School
Favorite Food?  Hot Wings
Favorite Candy? Chocolate



Some of these answers came as a complete surprise. He's never told my mom or me about any desire to work on cars, but that's what he decided on when I asked him. And his favorite color seems to change every week, but it's usually blue, black, or red, never white. I really liked doing this activity, and can't wait to do it again next year.


You can download this free printable here.
Let me know if you use it. :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. man, wish I had a baby brother with 17 years difference. cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! This would be so much fun to look back on ... thanks for so generously sharing your printable! I featured your printable as the Free Printable of the Day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :) Will enjoy doing this every year.

    ReplyDelete