1.12.2012

Cloud Dough


I made this a few months ago, so I don't have any pictures of the process. It's only 2 ingredients though, so you don't need them anyway.

Mix together 2 cups of flour and 1/4 cup of baby oil. 
That's it!
You can add in food coloring if you want, but the blog I found it on just kept it white, and I really think it's prettier that way. It seemed to take to the color weird, so it's a weird blue-green color, but Garrett doesn't seem to mind.

This stuff is so fun! It's softer and fluffier than normal playdough. You can't really mold things with it because of that though. But it's fun just to squeeze and play with. It is a bit messier than playdough. It's sort of greasy feeling because of the baby oil, and it seems to be more crumbly. I'd be careful of what surfaces you put it on, and be aware that hands will be messy, but it's really nice feeling and moisturizes too. 

This stuff seems to last well. I made it 2 or 3 months ago, and it's held up great. I store it in a leftover mini oreo fun pak container, but I'd recommend a plastic bag or something, because it sinks down in the container and is hard to get out.

There are some downsides to this, but I'd definitely recommend it as a bit of a change from normal playdough. I will be making it again in the future.



Here's the original pin. She made a really large batch, but I just cut it down to 1/4 of hers and it was great.
Source: Flights of Whimsy via Victoria on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment