1.22.2012

SOCS: Sunday Mornings

So I haven't blogged in the past 2 days. So much for NaBloPoMo. I've got 2 blogs to post to make up for those days, but I'm not sure if they'll be up tonight or tomorrow. I plan on finishing out this month with enough posts for everyday, even if they didn't get up on every single day.
For now though, Stream of Consciousness Sunday.

#SOCsunday

Today’s Writing Prompt: How did you spend your Sunday mornings growing up? What are some of your favorite memories?

Sunday mornings almost always involved church when I was growing up. I spent the weekends with my godmother, and I would be woken up on Sunday mornings to get ready for church. Usually there was some good breakfast waiting for me, and I'd watch whatever I could find on TV while I ate. Then I'd get ready and we'd go to church. 
After church we'd usually do some shopping and sometimes get something to eat. Sometimes we'd just head back home where we'd change into comfortable clothes and heat up leftovers while watching TV. 

I've always liked the relaxed feeling that Sundays hold. I don't go to church now, so Sundays for me are all about sleeping in and relaxing all day. Lots of movie watching and video game playing happens on Sundays in my house. 

 
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes
  • Write and intro to the post if you want, but don't edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post at all things fadra.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.

Follow Me on Pinterest
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sundays are for relaxing and enjoying the day. Watching a movie is one of my favorite things to do on a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Sundays as a grown-up better than as a kid. We get to decide what we want to do!!

    ReplyDelete