1.05.2012

Garlic Parmesan Knots


This was my second time making these. 
I liked them the first time, but changed them up a little bit, and they were much better this time.

You actually only need butter OR oil, not both.

One of my favorite things in trying new recipes is when I have nearly everything on hand already. I had to buy the can of biscuits, but everything was already in my cabinet or fridge.
The original recipe only calls for the garlic powder, canola oil, grated parmesan (the stuff in the green can), and some dried herbs. I like adding in some ground red pepper for a little spice, and I can't stand the parmesan in the can, so I have to use something a little more real. 


The shape of these is almost so simple that you can't even guess how it's done. All you do is roll out your biscuit and tie it into a knot. Tuck your ends around the back and you're done. 
Now, this is another place I differed from the original version. The recipe calls for you to bake now, before adding any of the other stuff, but when I did that I felt that the end result was too dry on the inside and greasy on the outside.
This time I mixed all the ingredients into some melted butter and brushed it pretty generously over the dough before baking. I think it definitely improved them.

Bake as directed on the biscuit package. 


I added a bit more butter and parmesan cheese after taking them out, but that was mostly for the looks, and you could get away with skipping it at this point, since they've cooked with everything on them already.

I was very pleased with how these turned out this time. Brushing the butter on first made them a bit more moist and fluffy. Last time I made them they were even better heated up the next day, so I'm looking forward to eating them tomorrow!

Here's the pin I originally got the recipe from:

Source: Real Mom Kitchen via Victoria on Pinterest


Follow Me on Pinterest
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yum, I have not eaten breakfast yet... these look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try these out! They look just like some awesome ones served at a local restaurant!

    ReplyDelete