12.29.2011

Miracle Pan Release

My favorite Pinterest project so far is actually one of the most simple I've done.
I pinned this a while back, and when baking some banana bread recently, I thought of it and decided to try it out.

Source: Apron of Grace via Victoria on Pinterest
Ingredients
1/2 cup Lard or Shortening
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup unbleached or all-purpose Flour
Directions
Whip, whip, whip and store in airtight container at room temperature.
Yields 1-1/2 cups
 Brush on your pans with a pastry brush!


Only 3 ingredients and it took less than 2 minutes to put it together in a mason jar.
Not the most appetizing, but it gets the job done.

The best part is, it works great! I've used it for everything I've baked since then, and had great success. I used it when baking brownies a couple of weeks ago, and despite brownies being something I ALWAYS have a problem with sticking they pulled out of the pan effortlessly. I meant to get a picture just to show how clean the pan was after the brownies were removed, but I haven't gotten in the blogging state of mind yet and forgot to snap one before washing the pan. I promise I'll update this next time I bake something.

Let me know what you think if you try this out! :)


Follow Me on Pinterest
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment